Saturday, August 6, 2016

30 Things I Love About Canada #26: Milk Bags

I had heard about Canada's bagged milk before, so when we first got here and I saw it in stores I was excited to buy it. Not because I like milk though (I don't) but because my kids do and milk is required for cereal and certain recipes.

When I got home though I was like, now what?



I failed to realize this floppy bag required a container. It felt like those weird watersnake toys they sold at Spencers in the 80s.



I thought it might fit in our skinny lemonade pitcher but it got stuck halfway down. Plus there was the added question, How do you open it?  

 
Suffice it to say we had several messy mishaps with milkbags until we found this container in the grocery store nowhere near the milk aisle.


I was surprised to see it wasn't more interesting looking. There is a definitely a decorative milk pitcher niche that hasn't been filled yet in Canada. Or maybe it has, I just haven't found it.

Anyway, Milk Bags: Yay! I'm going to miss them when we move. I still think milk is gross though.


No comments:

Post a Comment